I woke up at 4:30 this morning in the most severe pain I've been in through this whole ordeal. I would call it a 9 out of 10 on the pain scale. I took a percocet and it barely touched the pain. By 7am, I couldn't take it any longer and called the RE who insisted on seeing me.
My sister brought me to the RE's office (and slid on ice and we had to be towed back home... but that's a whole other story... sigh). I had a spec exam, an internal, and an u/s. Final verdict - my uterus is enlarged, my cervix is actively bleeding, my lining is rediculously thick, and the baby is definitely gone. Soooo good news is the D&E was a success but the bad news is, I'm likely going to be in a lot of pain and bleed a lot for a while. If it's still this bad in a week, they may need to do another D&E. They told me to take 2 percocets at a time and feel free to have a glass of wine as well (I think they were only half joking about the wine).
Dr. J wasn't in the office today but I talked to him on the phone in his office. He was glad I came in and that everything was looking ok. He apologized that all this was happening and that this is how I was starting my new year. I assured him that I was going to be fine and that he needn't apologize for all that was happening.
Pat and the kids had a fun morning outside in the snow. They made a snowman... too cute.
Everyone's napping now. We have 4:30 reservations for Buca di Beppo and are looking forward to taking the kids out. They have their hats and noisemakers ready for the "fancy" dinner tonight.
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment