Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Anthony saw Jesus

We were driving around and the kids were looking out the window at Christmas lights and talking about everything they saw. This is what Pat and I were hearing as we tried not to die laughing.

Antnee: Jesus! I saw Jesus.
Tabby: No you didn't! There wasn't Jesus out there.
Antnee: Yes there was. I saw Jesus.
Tabby: No, there were candy canes out there, not Jesus.

Me: Tabby... maybe you didn't see what Antnee saw. Do'nt yell at him. He's just telling you what he saw.

Antnee: I saw Jesus!
Tabby: No, you didn't! It was candy canes!! (Tab's getting angry now).
Antnee: I didn't see candy canes.

Me: See Tab? Antnee didn't see the candy canes that you saw so maybe you didn't see the Jesus that he saw.

Antnee: I SAW JESUS!
Tabby: (Angrier than I have ever heard her) NO you did NOT!!

Pat and I were dying in the front seat... Tabitha was so angry. It was so funny how mad she was - it was like Antnee had blasphemied. I told my dad this story and he said he was going to start calling her Thomas.

No comments: