A place for me to share stories of life with the man of my dreams, talk about the most difficult journey of our lives, and share updates about our dreams come true - Tabitha, Anthony, and Nathaniel.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
D&E was this morning
I'm feeling ok now. Having the D&E helped my mental health more than I thought it would. It's nice to have complete closure. Now I just need my hCG to fall to 0.
Pat and I met in high school through mutual friends. We started dating in April of 1998 and were married in August of 2004.
Years of inability to conceive as well as 2 pregnancy losses led us to seek the help of a reproductive endocrinologist shortly after our wedding. We discovered that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Insulin Resistance (PCOS/IR) and that we also had Male Factor Infertility (MFIF) to contend with.
We have been extremely fortunate that with the help of the most amazing and caring doctors and staff in the world, we've been able to grow our family - Tabitha Marie arrived in April 2006, Anthony Patrick arrived in September 2007, and Nathaniel Jude arrived in January 2009.
Timeline
October 31, 1997 - Pat and I are officially introduced
February 28, 1998 - I ask Pat to PVI's Jr. prom
April 3, 1998 - PVI Jr. Prom
April 24, 1998 - Pat and I officially begin dating
December 18, 1998 - Pat and I decide we're in it for the long haul
September 16, 1999 - make plans for if we're blessed with a baby
January 1, 2001 - Pat proposes
March 2003 - first conception and subsiquent pregnancy loss
August 28, 2003 - settle on our home
August 14, 2004 - Our wedding
September 2004 - go to the doctor for help conceiving
November 2004 - second conception and resulting chemical pregnancy
July 22, 2005 - Successful IUI
August 5, 2005 - First positive beta... 48
April 20, 2006 - Tabitha Marie is born - 9lbs 13.5oz, 21.5 inches
July 2006 - back to the reproductive endocrinologist
December 26, 2006 - stop meds and bail on really messed up cycle
January 21, 2007 - surprise positive beta despite messed up cycle... 81
September 21, 2007 - Anthony Patrick is born - 9lbs, 21 inches
December 2007 - back to the reproductive endocrinologist
April 12, 2008 - first lupron injection
May 1, 2008 - start stims
May 12, 2008 - Egg retrieval
May 14, 2008 - Embryo transfer
May 28, 2008 - Really low first beta... 13
January 30, 2009 - Nathaniel Jude is born - 9lbs 1oz, 22 inches
August 2009 - back to the reproductive endocrinologist
I'm 29 and am in the final few months of a year I took to be a SAHM to the three miracles that my husband Pat and I made, Tabitha, Anthony, and Nathaniel.
No comments:
Post a Comment