I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I have two toddlers at home and I'm still as sensitive about things as I was when I was trying to conceive my first child.
I was at the OB's office the other night and a woman brought her daughter who couldn't have been 16 in for an ultrasound to date her pregnancy. The daughter's boyfriend was with them. The kids seemed fine... nothing out of the ordinary about them. The mother explained to the receptionist that she needed to schedule the next appointment and it had to be after her work hours because the kids didn't have their drivers licenses yet... I felt that twinge of jealousy over their fertility - it's the same old question of why do people who don't want and aren't ready for babies get to have them while others who want them desperately can't? I wouldn't have ever wanted to be in their shoes - but I still got sensitive about them.
Immediately following their entrance to the office, a couple and their toddler daughter came out of the ultrasound suite and into the waiting room. The man said to the woman and daughter that he had to call and "crush" his father with their news. He proceeded to make a loud and obnoxious phone call from his cell in the waiting room complaining to his parents that they were expecting another girl. This just made me angry. I was angry because I'd take any healthy baby and really have a hard time with people who complain about their baby's gender. I was also angry because he was whining like a baby about having another daughter... right in front of his daughter. What the hell is wrong with people?!
So it was a tough night at the OB's office for me. We didn't have a sitter so Pat had stayed home and I was alone. That was good though because while I sat there in bewilderment of what I was watching, Pat would have made a rude comment. Not to the teenage couple, but to the idiot who was blessed with a second baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment