Monday, January 26, 2009

The Mommy Guilt

Pat and I had the most wonderful weekend with the kids. We made a trip to Wegmans a family outing. We ate breakfast there and then did major grocery shopping. The kids had a blast. They love eating upstairs and looking down at the store and they love driving the little plastic car shopping carts. We spent most of Sunday just playing and reading stories at home.

It was really wonderful family time for us which was needed since the next couple weeks will be a big change for us. We're welcoming our third child on Friday and while I anticipate a smooth transition, it's still going to be a transition.

Now I'm getting those moments of guilt. I felt them in the last week of pregnancy when I was expecting Anthony. I felt bad because I was about to turn Tabitha's world upside down and I took her "only child" status away when she was only 17 months old. Now, I'm worrying about Anthony. He's 16 months old and he's my baby. My heart stings thinking about how his life is about to change. Being through this before, I thought I wouldn't feel this way again. Tabitha and Anthony love each other so much and I wouldn't change anything... and I'm sure that I'll feel that way again once this baby gets here. But today, I'm worried about my little man.

No comments: