Ok... maybe not a liar. But he had told me that he really didn't think I would have to be readmitted to the hospital to start our new long-term TPN plan. I went to see him on Monday and the man didn't look at me for more than 20 seconds before deciding I needed to be admitted to the hospital.
Granted, I was doubled over in pain in the exam room... but still. So he made me a direct admit. The hospital was full so I was given the option of waiting downstairs in the ER holds or going home and waiting for them to call me and tell me a bed was ready. I opted for waiting at home. I got home around 5:45 and ate my last dinner for a while. Then I explained to the kids that I had to go back to the hospital and I wouldn't be home when they woke up. I promised them that I wouldn't be gone for weeks like before and they seemed fine with that. They headed to bed and I showered and packed a bag.
I got the call around 8:30 that evening and by 9:30 I was walking into the hospital... by 10:30 they had me settled in my room. I had a new picc line placed on Tuesday and started the TPN. They kept me until Thursday evening to control my pain and make sure I was good on the TPN. I've had a rough couple nights since I was home but last night was decent.
While I was gone, Nate took his first steps... then he decided he was pretty much done with crawling - he's walking all over the place! We had a beautiful weekend and the kids played outside. Tabitha rollerskated for the first time AND rode her first two-wheeler (with training wheels) that she got as a handmedown from her cousin Dory. I have pics of all the fun we had and will get them posted soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment