Friday, May 7, 2010

CAT scan today

My pseudocysts are just as large as they were when I was discharged from the hospital a couple weeks ago. I'm also still bleeding into them. My new GI wanted me to go to the ER to be admitted but I told him that I missed 2 of my kids' birthdays, Valentine's day, and barely made it home for Easter... I was staying home for Mother's day.

He called me in a refill for my pain meds and told me that if I couldn't handle the pain, I HAD to come back to the hospital. If I can manage with the pain meds (which I should since it's the weekend and Pat's home) I'm to come back in on Monday. My appt is in the afternoon and we'll meet with nutrition to figure out the TPN formula. I'll have a new picc line placed early in the week and we'll start the TPN. He's thinking I can do it all as an outpatient.

In the meantime, I'm going to eat everything in sight (that I can tolerate) this weekend! Not sure when I'll be eating again.

2 comments:

HipChick73 said...

Manda honey, I am so so sorry you are dealing with one thing after another. Just remember, it's only another hill on the path, and you can make it over this one too.

I'll keep up the prayers!
-ValarieM/Lorie aka hockeygrrrl. LOL.

Kate said...

psst... I gave you an award this morning. Check back to my blog for updates :)