Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've been avoiding posting

I'd been holding back information and so I didn't want to post. When I found out on March 15th that my pancreatitis was back, I also found out that Pat and I had conceived on our own... we were expecting a miracle baby and I wanted to tell people in person before typing it here.

Unfortunately, we found out at 8 weeks that the baby didn't have a heartbeat. He looked perfect... beautiful even. He just didn't have a heartbeat. I had another D&E last week.

I'm trying to move forward. I still have pancreatitis. The diagnosis is now chronic pancreatitis and I'm reading everything I can on the disease. I was rehospitalized March 23rd to the 27th and again April 1st to the 3rd. I'm home now with a picc line but I've been eating a good bit. One day at a time.

In more upbeat news, Pat built the kids a gorgeous playset out back. We put mulch under it and have been enjoying the yard immensely! I'm not doing much other than sitting and watching the kids play but they don't mind and I'm loving it.

1 comment:

Pat Witts said...

You are an amazing woman, and an even more amazing mommy. This has been the hardest few months we have ever had to go through, but we will make it... because we are crazy and in love. The rest of the year will get better... I promise!