Monday, April 26, 2010

Hodgepodge... Tabby turned 4, 3K walk, improved health!

My baby girl who I (thought I had) just brought home from the hospital turned 4! She had a Fancy Nancy birthday party which was an absolute blast! The kids had fun, the weather was beautiful, and Tabitha had a very special day. Here's the gorgeous birthday girl...



Pat's been running races for charity... he's blogging about it, having a great time, and making me and the kids very proud. He ran the 10K Donor Dash in Philly on April 18th and I did the 3K walk component with the kids. They had fun and it was nice to get out and DO something. The triple stroller was a hit and we had our picture taken by several sponsors. Here's one that the actual Gift of Life organization took for their facebook page...



Even before the walk, I had been having increased pain and wound up back in the hospital. This time we went to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and we are so glad that we did. My labs are getting back to normal and I have a more specific diagnosis this time. I am going to have a procedure done in the next couple weeks to put a stent in to protect my common bile duct. This should help me recover more completely.

My picc line is out and I'm eating... the kids are so happy to have me home and while I'm very tired, I'm feeling much more positive this time.

Coming soon... my panic attack over the fact that there's only 9 weeks left until I enter my thesis lab at Drexel University College of Medicine!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Beautiful "baby" and gorgeous Mamma!