I had my last follie check on Saturday. Both of my ovaries were unreachable. It took a long time to figure out what we were doing. The RE came in and did a manual manipulation of my belly and physically moved my ovaries down so that they were visible. The whole thing took 2 hours... I cried... a lot. Dr. J (who did this procedure) told me I was really tough for going through that and that he's never had a case like mine in his entire career. We obviously had no guarentee but he had high hopes for being able to move my ovaries again for the egg retrieval. He spoke with Dr. T (the other RE) about a plan for my surgery. They agreed that they should both be there and that if they couldn't get an entry point to my ovaries transvaginally, they would make an attempt to get to them transabdominally.
I triggered Saturday night and started doxycycline. Good news is that I stopped lupron so my headache is gone... bad news is, I throw up for 2 hours every time I take the doxycycline. This is new... I didn't have this reaction to it last time.
We got to the IVF suite at 6:45 this morning. Pat was whisked away to the lab. I was prepped for surgery. Because of how difficult they anticipated the surgery to be, we had in the room with me two nurses, the anesthesiologist, a technician, the IVF coordinator, and both Dr. J and Dr. T.
I woke up and the RE's had left the room but the anesthesiologist was there. He confirmed that they were able to retrieve eggs FROM BOTH OVARIES! They moved me to recovery and Dr. T (who is my primary RE) came in to talk with me. He said it was difficult but that they retrieved 25 eggs! Holy Shit!!
I was in recovery for a long time. They had to give me pain meds in my IV after the procedure because I woke up in a lot of pain and those knocked me out again. When I was finally up and moving, the nurses and all the staff came in to see me... they were calling me super woman. Even my sonographer came to give me a hug... she was so happy they reached both ovaries.
Pat got me home and comfortable. He went and picked up my percocets and then ran out to do some things for work. I've started my steroids and my progesterone suppliments. I'm not to lift anything, push anything, clean anything... So I'm here resting. I'll get a call with the fert report from the lab tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment