Monday, August 17, 2009

RE again

So I had my visit with the "coochie cam" today. Ovaries are peppered with cysts but not as bad as the last three times which is promising. I only had about 10 on each ovary. I've had 20 or 30 on each ovary in times past. Dr. T looked at my insulin results as well and said that it was better than last time but still indicated insulin resistance.

I'm to go back next Thursday for another u/s and b/w. He doesn't think we'll see any activity that will indicate I'm going to ovulate so we'll likely end the monitoring cycle at that point. I kind of expected that and am happy with that.

I'm to keep a food journal and meet with the dietician on Sept 10th to make sure I'm on track with my sugars. They always tell me to just keep doing what I'm doing. Dr. T said that the dietician will likely want me to start metformin since diet alone doesn't control my insulin. He however, wouldn't start it himself. Soooo, it looks like the whole IVF is going to have to wait a while since I'll need some time on the met... we're looking at doing the IVF in 2-3 months.

We have our IVF consult with the board on Sept 9th. We'll be told then what we need to do and what is good from before. Pat's SA results should be back by then so we'll know what we have to work with there. I'm thinking I'll still need a hysteroscopy and a mock transfer... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't need the psych consult - that's $300 I'd like to spend elsewhere.

No comments: