Monday, June 8, 2009

Complex Gallbladder Disease

Ok - I swore I would keep up with this better and then failed miserably. I have a list of excuses though.

Two days after my last post, I woke up in the middle of the night in horrendous pain. I drove myself to the ER so that Pat could stay with the kids instead of waking up my parents. A few hours after arriving at the ER, I was diagnosed with complex gallbladder disease and was admitted. I was on IV antibiotics, had a procedure to remove stones that were in my bile ducts and then had my gallbladder removed. In the 4 days I was in the hospital, Nate went through my entire frozen stash of breastmilk. That milk was supposed to be to help when I returned to work.

That turned out to be no big deal though as on the last day of my maternity leave, my boss called me and laid me off. Awesome.

So for the last month, I've been spending 2 days a week searching for a job while the kids are at school and the other days, they stay home with me and we have been enjoying the weather and I've been enjoying them.

That's my update... an update on the kiddies will follow soon!

1 comment:

Kate said...

So, are you trying to say that complex gall bladder disease and spending 3 days a week with 3 kids has kept you too busy to keep up with a blog? Busy Schmizzy. :)