We got up early and were at the RE's office at 6:30. They took my vitals and I signed all my consent forms. They prepped me in a procedure suite in the IVF unit of the building. A little background - I've had a retroverted uterus since after I had Tabitha. It got worse between Ant and Nate. Well, when they went to do the hysteroscopy they found that my uterus now makes a 90 degree turn. It's folded on itself. They tried with all their might to get the camera into the top part but they just couldn't make the turn.
After a while, Dr. T decided that he was hurting me too badly... he wanted to move me to the hospital so they could put me under anesthesia and then he could finish the procedure. I really really wanted to avoid that. I asked if there was another option. He agreed to do a sonohystogram instead since from what they could see, everything looked good.
So, I went to recovery for a bit. Then they moved me to an ultrasound room. They filled my uterus with saline and my uterus moved enough that they could see the whole thing with the ultrasound. It's obviously not the same as the pictures they get with the hysteroscopy but they are confident based on what they could see that we're in good shape to move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment