Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Timeline for our IVF

The appointment went well. We were very very excited about the improvement in Pat's SA. That aside, we still believe that IVF is the only option for us. Dr. T reemphasized the importance of keeping my insulin under control and everything. We are going to be exempt from the pyschologist screening (although we joked that anyone considering child #4 - infertile or not - should have a psych consult).

Sooo... I take a pregnancy test next week and then start prometrium. I call with CD1 and that will be my suppression cycle. I'll do my hysteroscopy around CD10, I'll go in for my mock transfer and sign all my consents on CD18, and I'll go in for u/s and b/w and start Lupron on CD21. After 2-3 weeks of Lupron (and possibly prometrium), I'll start stimming.

Stims - they want me to do 225iu of Gonal F twice a day! Holy crap... that's a lot of gonal f. They want us to have more eggs and embryos than last time but that's going to be tough. It's going to be expensive too... I'll be going through a 900iu pen every 2 days. Crap. We're hoping to make it to a 3 day transfer this time.

Whew... so what it comes down to is I should be stimming in early November and delivering in late July :)

No comments: