So, Pat and I got to the hospital at 5:30am on Friday, January 30th and were admitted and everything went smoothly. They pumped me full of IV fluids and monitored Nate for a bit. I walked into the OR at 7:10 and got my spinal. No chest pain this time which was such a relief. The anesthesiologist was awesome... he talked to me and kept me calm the entire time. Pat came in at 7:30 and they made the first incision.
Not far into the surgery, they found anterior adhesions on my uterus. Initially they thought that they were from scarring as a result of my prior sections. As they continued looking, the found it to be endometriosis. I've never been diagnosed with endo so this was a surprise. Both of my own OB's were in surgery with me and for that I was grateful. They got my uterus out but had trouble getting Nate out through the endo because his head was so big. After a bit of struggling, they were able to get him out and he was screaming and swinging :)
Pat got great pictures and video but they are on his computer - I will transfer them soon. Nate scored 9 and 9 on his APGAR tests. Pat brought Nate back and sat by my head with him while they continued the surgery. They were afraid to leave the endo because of the potential pain it could cause. So they started removing the adhesions which resulted in a lot of excessive bleeding.
They eventually sent Pat with Nate to the admissions nursery and continued working on me. My BP dropped to 75/45 and they couldn't keep it up. Then my heartrate fell... somewhere around 45 bmp. I blacked out for a bit. The anesthesiologist was a continuous comfort. He was able to get my bp up to about 80/50 by the time they moved me to recovery. Because of the blood loss and my bp typically being low, they continued pumping me with fluids. My legs and feet hurt from the extra fluid.
On top of everything else, I started throwing up once I was in my room and continued to do that through the afternoon. I finally ate at 10pm that night and so far so good. Nate did awesome... he's so Tabitha. They have very similar personalities and he nurses just like her. He was 9lbs 1oz and 22 inches long so I'm glad I didn't run out and buy newborn clothes.
Pat brought the kids up Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Tabby and Antnee both took turns holding Nate. I had a meal delivered while Tab was there and she asked why I needed to have that meal. I told her it was going to help Mommy get strong after delivering the baby... to which Tabby replied, "So you can grow another baby?" lol... we'll see.
BP was up to 90/60 for the rest of my hospital stay. I was discharged on Tuesday the 3rd and have been getting settled at home. Life with my three miracles is wonderful. I've been enjoying every second with the three of them - which is why it's taken me so long to update here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment